Thursday, September 13, 2012

Bow Tie (Quilt Block # 29)

It's seems like such a long time since I've last updated this blog, June 5 to be exact. But now I plan to go forth once again with this project that I started. Things got really busy for awhile there. I had lots of orders for quilts as well as dealing with some health issues between my husband and I. Things are at a much better place now and onward I go with Quilter's Block.

 But secretly I  must confess I was avoiding making this block, because the seams went together in a way I never tried before. But lo and behold I forced myself to do this block today and you know what? Surprisingly the Bow Tie block went together rather quickly and was not as scary as I first thought. So here's to trying new things. The seams were a little tricky on this one.  This is a 12 inch block. I think it would do much better in a 9 or 6 inch block. It kind of reminds me of a big floppy  bow on a clown.  I normally don't buy or use children's prints but I recently found this cute print at Handcock Fabrics on the clearance table. Originally it was $8.99 a yard and I got it for $2.00 a yard. I loved it and bought enough for a baby quilt which I recently finished. I'll post pictures at a later date ( I haven't given the quilt to the person yet and don't want them to see it.) 

 Click on the picture if you what the  pattern  to make this block. Thanks again to Marcia Hohn of Quilterscache for posting directions for this block.
Bow Tie quilt block
Here is a quilt I had done in all purples for a custom order.The Bow Tie  block is is different size and done in a slight different way. There are so many ways to place these block, each will have it's own look. Take a look at the second picture to get another idea. Both of these quilts I made.

Wow, I'm up to 622 views. And you can add Spain, Malaysia, and Norway to the list of countries from which people view.

No comments:

Post a Comment