Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Attic Window (Block #31)

Today I am so exhausted and emotionally drained. It is just one of those days when I really have to push myself. My brain wants rest - it is overworked, my eyes want to rest on something pleasant,  like the peaceful cool green of the country side.  Living in a large city makes me miss the trees and mountains that were such a easy distance before.

And so I pushed mysef to keep going and make today's block, Attic Window. It was another one of those blocks I was trying to avoid making. But like it or not I had to make it. I'm doing all the blocks in order as they appear in on the Quilter's Cache website. It's really a wonderful resource for quilters and has so many quilt blocks with directions and other useful quilting tips. Today's block Attic Window was a little tricky. It has those off set seams that I am realizing very quickly that I am not fond of.  But all in all it turned out OK. Look at the picture, it is a little uneven in some areas. There is one little spot where it has a slight wrinkle. I like the over all look of the block. It certainly has a 3D quality to it. And so here is the one I did. Click the picure of the block to get directions.
 
 
Here are some exmaples of what a whole quilt might look like. Some of these really just pop off  the page. For those who like geometrics and tesselating designs this  block is for you.
This is really amazin. It truly looks like you are looking out the widow at a turkey .
The Green and the red make this one really eyecatching
 

The use of famliy photos in thsi was is really neat

 



No comments:

Post a Comment