Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pinwheel (Block #32)

Whirling right along... It is windy and a tad bit nippy here today. The one tree, a walnut tree, in our yard is already starting to dropping and the neighbor's tree across the street is starting to turn yellow.  I am really enjoying the cool  breeze coming in through the window. Time for hot chocolate and pumpkin spice things. Fall is here!

 So then the block of the day Pinwheel fits right in. As you can see from the design , it's not too hard to imagine a pinwheel spinning in the wind.  The pattern itself is another oldie but goodie and is a staple in most quilter's repertoire. It make  a fantastic baby quilt if done in pastel colors. This one I've done in a dusty pink floral print.  Seems I have a over abundance of red and pink scraps of fabric. I am thinking I might make a baby quilt once I get 9 or so different blocks make. This is a 12 inch block. As always click the picture for the pattern link.
 
Here's some interesting quilts I found online using the Pinwheel block. Click the picture to go to the website.
I like the use of pastel yellow, even with some of the bold colors in this quilt. This is quite a cheery quilt.     


This quilt makes good use of the many pinwheel patterns out there. 


Here's a quilt done in what look like civil war prints. I like the homeyness of this one.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment