Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Throwing in the wrench (Monkey Wrench #36)




Today is one of those days when things just don't seem to go right. I was working on a quilt for a custom order and I miss measured and now I have to buy new fabric all over again, setting me back a day. I can't go to the store till my husband comes home from work.  I had hope  to finish the quilt by Friday. But I am going to push to have it done by Monday.  To top it all off. I spilled some spoiled soup all over the counter this morning (I was cleaning out the refrigerator),woke up with a headache and a slight fever, and I didn't sleep well last night. Oh, well .. Maybe I should take to easy the rest of the day.  But a few good things have happened today:  a sparrow came to my window to say hello while I was cutting out fabric this morning, tweeted then flew away, and I  also finished 2 letters and they are ready to go out in the mail. Hopefully they will bring cheer to those receive them. Oh I almost forgot- my whole purpose in writing this blog, I did another quilt block. This one is called Monkey Wrench.

I always loved this quilt block. It has so many neat eye catching patterns to it. It looks complicated but is really not. I have finally decided to make a quilt for myself from this pattern. I've been saving and collecting certain fabric to make a quilt and I finally settled on the Monkey Wrench  pattern. So here's the Monkey Wrench I made to go along with the pink/red sampler quilt I'm making.  It is another 12 block but for what ever reason, I can't figure it out, mine turned out to be 11.25 unfinished. I just don't understand. I was careful and measured  my fabric just right and used the quarter inch seams. I don't like cutting thing that have a 7/8 of an inch measurement in them- gets a little tricky when using a rotary cutter. Despite everything it turned out well. The fabric is red with little white Fleur-de-lis design.
Monkey Wrench
Here's some examples Monkey Wrench quilts that I pulled off the internet. There is a lot of them. You'll see why I like it so much (hope you do too). This pattern is also called Snail's Tail. I especially like the cat one below.
Love the colors!


Here is a bright and bold scrappy quilt with stars.
Did I ever mention I love blue and white quilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment