Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Family to call your own (Baby Bud #35)

 I wonder if anyone actually read my blog? Well I guess somebody does because the number of view keeps going up and up each week (at least in terms of the number of views).  Please do leave comment (s) or send me a private note.

My husband and I have been married for four years now. We do not have any children yet. I've always dreamed of being a mother someday.  I've always loved children, holding and rocking them, taking care of them, teaching them, showing love and so forth. It seems so natural to me. Over the years I have had many people tell me I would make the perfect mother. Every time I hold a baby or child it stirs up certain desires in me.  Unfortunately. Due to certain medical reasons I am not sure if I can have children or there's a very slim chance I still could conceive naturally.  Sometimes I wonder why can others so easily  get pregnant and I can't, even those with more serious health issues. Sometimes I feel like less of a woman and a failure to my husband who wants children too. Some days are better than others, and some days I feel really down. I don't understand God's plan in all of this. However, despite the down times I am trusting in God, because his plans are good and the best there is and way better than any plan man or woman can come up on his or her own. Today's block Baby Bud made me think of this topic.

Baby bud  the quilt block is very simple but can make some really wonderful designs.  Here's the one I made of pink and brown: I  just love this pink fabric I have about 4+ yards of it and I got it at a super bargain too, it was only about $2 a yard  (originally $9.99 a yard) at  Hancock Fabrics. It has a old timey, Civil war, feel to it. Though I need to find some coordinating fabric to go with it.  The brown calico piece in the middle I fished out of my scrap pile and is the only pieces if have of it.  
Click for the picture for the pattern link     











Here is one pattern placement for this block I really like. Think I am going to make several baby quilts out of this pattern
This would be about 24 in square. Add a few borders and voila the perfect baby quilt

 http://quilterscache.com/images2/gracesbabybud.jpg 
http://quilterscache.com/images2/BeckysBabyBud.jpg
I just love this quilt! It has inspired me to make a yellow quilt next.  I like the prairie point edging on this one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment