Thursday, April 19, 2012

Shortcut to School (Block #19)

Sometimes one comes across fabric in one's collection that you just don't know where it comes from or you think why in the world did I even buy that? Such is the case today. I came across these two browns in my stash today. To  me they look like mud  (which I hear is a season the the lovely state of Maine). OK, OK I have to admit  it is nice looking mud, if mud could ever be called that.  I have never been partial to the color brown or anything brown colored, so drab and boring. I am more of a purple, blue and green person when it comes to fabrics. It is amazing, how certain colors immediately cool you down or provide rest for weary  eyes.

Today, right now my brain is all foggy and I feels the beginnings of a headache. I do so want some peace and quiet and the cool colors of green trees and the refection of a blue sky upon the water and the gentle trickle of a stream. Seeing it is night time, that can't be done. There's a part of me that can't stand not being at peace. I hate discord and sometime I am drawn into it against my will at time and I begin to think too much and overwork myself.   Perhaps it's a little bit of longing for Eden. I think deep down inside we all longing Eden. How lovely it must of been! But Eden-like environment will be restored  once again when Christ returns. In bible study we've been learning about Heaven and the New Jerusalem and what it is going to be like. God will dwell with man like he once did in the garden of Eden, permanently for all eternity. I can not wait till that day..

 I am singing with the worship team on Sunday, something I never thought would be a common occurrence. I've come a long way since being that quiet shy person in high school. We had rehearsal tonight and it was one of the few bright spots in my day. For that hour and a half all the stresses of the day were washed away.  I forget myself as I concentrate and sing praises to God.  I love it. Musics soothes and calms me like nothing else. It's funny how a lot of the songs we are singing are the very same things we have been studying in bible study.

Well anyhow back to the blocks of a quilting nature. Today's block is called Shortcut to School.  Not sure how it got it's name. But I chose the brown colors thinking that a shortcut usually means extra puddles and mud. It is a nine inch block and is simple to do. It is a well know pattern at least it is to me but I could not find any good pictures online of quilts made with this particular block. And so with out further due here is the block that I made. Sorry for the quality of  the pictures. I really need to get a new camera or strictly take pictures in natural sunlight and not at night.
 If you want to  make this block here's the pattern link:
 http://quilterscache.com/S/ShortcutToSchoolBlock.html

Also I have started a Arkansas Crossroad scrap quilt. It's coming a long quite nicely. I will post pictures as soon as I am done with it. That is once nice thing I am learning by doing this quilt block project that you can't judge a quilt block by it's pattern. I always thought Arkansas Cross Roads was a plain block without much interest.

Don't forget to check out kindlscorner.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment