Friday, April 20, 2012

See Saw (Block #20)

Today seems much better. Though right now I am craving Chinese food.  I've gotten a lot accomplished- finished making the Arkansas Crossroads blocks for a quilt and began assembling them together ( I have two rows done 5 more to go!) , finished mowing the other half of the yard, made the block of the day and it's only 3:00 pm. And  in other news I sold another item on esty- a quilt top that I have to finished  off.  This one is going to San Antonio. Last thing I sold went to Colorado.  It's exciting to  see where everything goes off too.  I really want to make a bulletin board with a map and pins when items are that I made go to. My website is www.kindlscorner.etsy.com

Today's block is called See Saw, another 12 in block. I am getting good at these triangle things! To me it looks  more like a pinwheel of sort instead of a see saw or even running feet. What do you see? I chose to do this block in all blacks for no particular reason other than use up some scraps and see how it looks using black. I have never made and all black quilt before.  I really like the fabrics and the way it turned out.   Even the picture turned out better this time.  The white background it quite striking against the black. I am liking not using solid white or cream as the background fabric. Using a different solid gives it a whole different look.



And here is the pattern link. Please, just a friendly reminder to read the terms and conditions of use for using this pattern.
http://quilterscache.com/S/SeesawBlock.html

No comments:

Post a Comment