Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Glory Boxes (Block #21)

Sorry about that. I had taken a few days break from A Quilter's block. Sometimes it's just hard to do sewing during the weekends or on days when I have a lot of activities. At least during the week I have uninterrupted sewing time.  I have learned something new today- the wonders of home pickup of packages and online shipping! No more walking to the post office or wasting gas by driving. And the best thing about it now is that it is free pickup and you save 15% on shipping by using the online service. This is wonderful for me since I ship a lot of boxes for my business.

So I guess it is fitting that today's block is called Glory Boxes. Ha ha. I truly did not plan this one, it just sort of came to me. :o) This block is done and all pinks and whites. Perfect for a little girl blanket.  Wish I had more of the floral print... Oh well, c'est la vie.  This one came out really well and is fairly easily to make. I love the solid pink material which I got almost 1.5 yards of at a thrift store for only $1.Here's a good tip for all you quilters, sewers and crafters out there: check your local thrift store or yards sales for fabric. You can often find large amounts for fairly cheap. This especially good for those who just want to stock up for future projects. With all the sewing I have been doing lately I have really depleted my fabric stash. Time for me to hit the thrift stores and yard sales. (or if anyone  has fabric they would like to donate please let me know willing to barter or exchange too) I made one mistake in this block and did not realize it it was finished and ironed it all out. It does not hurt the over all look of the block though. See if you can recognize it.
  
Glory Boxes
 
One another note.. . My blog has been viewed over 320 times from 3 different continents.  How cool is that?

If you want to make this block , chick here  Glory Boxes

And don't forget to check out. Kindl's Corner 

No comments:

Post a Comment