Sunday, March 18, 2012

Saw Tooth Star (Block #5)

Even though it is a beautiful Sunday here in Chicago and all is peaceful at the moment, I feel like storm clouds are gathering. I see them and they are coming. I am not sure when exactly it is going to pour down like crazy. Just seeing the storm coming is enough to make one weary and watchful and  be on one's knees.  Perhaps this is why I chose different navy blue fabrics for today's block.

Today's block is called a Saw tooth Star, another 12 inch block. There are many ways to do this block. The center of the block can be a solid square (like the blue and white  baby quilt I made),  a  four patch, a pinwheel like today's block or  any other type of 6 inch block. A solid middle block for be an excellent space for embroidery or applique, or a signature.

My seams are just about perfect! As daunting as this project is, it is forcing me to learn all sorts of new things and become better at the things I already know.  The only change I would have made with the block I made is using two colors instead of three. Or may a solid white instead of the solid blue.

Here's today's Block:

Saw Tooth Star

 Close up of Saw Tooth Star

Here's the baby quilt I did with solid middles instead of the pinwheel center.

If you want to make this pattern here are the instructions:  http://quilterscache.com/S/SawToothStarBlock.html

No comments:

Post a Comment