Thursday, March 15, 2012

Star Flower (Block #2)

Now this block  is fairly simple and does not have much of a story behind it  as the last one did, least not that I could find.  I did a search on Google images and found these pictures of these stars flowers. It is perhaps named after this flower, which I have to admit looks strikingly similar.. 


Starflower

Star Flower quilt block
 
 Close up of the fabric used
FABRIC:The cream fabric came from a thrift store in Virginia where I purchase  a bad of scraps.  The two prints I used I've had this fabric for quilt awhile. It came as a fat quarter bundle. It was all Asian themed prints. I had no idea what I would used it for I just like the fabric, especially the cloud/flower print in the above pictures. It's funny how those things happen. You see something you like and you buy it and you have know idea what it is going to be used for and then later then even years later voila you have the perfect occasion to use it. The block as a whole kind of has a  peaceful dream like quality to it which I really like

CONSTRUCTION: This one was also relatively easy two and came together quickly. I am once again reminded that I do not like cutting squares that have measurement in them of 7/8 of an inch. I never seems to quit turn out exactly square or in this case a 3 1/2 in square. They were either slightly larger or slightly smaller I think it's because I do not have  my sewing machine marked at exactly 1/4  of an inch for the seam. But over all I think this  still turned out to be 12  a half inches  (12 finished). So rule of today: check your seems and make sure  they are at 1/4 inch.

TO MAKE THIS BLOCK.: instructions are found at:  http://quilterscache.com/S/StarflowerBlock.html

Don't forget to leave a comment or e-mail me at kindlscorner@gmail.com and I'll send you this block, some fabric scraps or something quilt related, my choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment