Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Cross and crown (Block #23)

I am tired but in a good way. My husband and I joined a gym this past week. So far we've worked out every day except Sunday. Starting to feel a little bit of a difference already- I have more energy and I've lost one pound already.  Go me! Today's block is called Cross and Crown.  It is also known  as Turkey Tracks and Goose tracks.   Now you are probably wondering what in the world does this block have to do with working out?  This is going to be a stretch but Turkey Tracks reminds me of Thanksgiving and what do we have on Thanksgiving? Lots and lots of food and pies! Yummy...Just thinking about it makes me hungry, but no I must be good and not eat anything more tonight, it's late anyhow. At Thanksgiving we usually overeat (and wish we really haven't) and then we do it all over at Christmas time. It's no wonder many people make weight loss a New Year's resolution. So though the connection is a stretch it is there nonetheless.

This block I've done in a white on white print and a  must yellow, reproduction print. I don't know from what era the yellow/mustard fabric is from.  This was fairly easy to do and came together quickly. The points were a little tricky. Over all I like this block and is has become one of my favorites. Do I see another project in sight????
 Cross and Crown
Detail of fabric.

Here's a picture of a antique Cross and Crown that I found online. It's a fairly simple quilt though maybe not the best craftsmanship. The seams are uneven and some of the point are cut off, the sashings and borders are uneven.  Perhaps it was a made by a young girl as her first quilt.  Even so despite its quite obvious flaws it does have a certain chair to it. I like the colors as well.  The website I got it from said it was made in the 1880s. Click on the picture to go to the website.

Click here if you want to make Cross and Crown.

Also I'm complete a quilt top today.  Not sure who or what this is for but I will know when the time comes. It's a scrappy happy quilt. The patten for this one is called Arkansas Crossroads.
 



I am at 348 views! Thanks for visiting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment