Friday, May 4, 2012

Crazy Quilt (Block # 25)

Well today's quilt block is called Crazy Quilt. This is a hard one for me because I like clean lines and clear directions on how to make something. I don't like things that seemingly do no have any form, shape or pattern to them.  I like order and stability. I am going out on a limb here, thinking outside of the box or square or block, and trying something new. Sometimes you just just have force yourself to do that instead of staying with the comfortable and familiar, you'll never learn anything new else wise! It sounds like a conversation I had with my younger brother once. He was telling me that studies have shown  that one of the keys to  staying younger is keep experiencing new things, keeps the senses and mind sharp. I've always admired crazy quilts from afar but never attempted one myself. I included a picture below of a crazy quilt that i thought was really cool that I found online.  But first here's my attempt at being disorderly, well at least in terms of fabric.
 
To make this pattern click on Crazy Quilt  . It's more of a method type thing than an actual pattern. But the basic steps are there- the placement and size of colors is up to you. I didn't have any fancy stitching on my sewing machine so I had to use a zigzag stitch.  I made this in a 7 1/2 inch square instead of a 12 inch square because I had a square leftover form a previous project.

361 VIEWS!

And here's the crazy quilt that I thought was really cool.  Click on the picture below  to see even more example of crazy quilts from another website. I like the floral motifs in this quilt as well as the fancy stitching. Now that's something I 'd love to learn more about .. Crazy quilts are certainly a great showcase for knowledge of  different embroidery stitches

No comments:

Post a Comment