Thursday, May 3, 2012

Double Z (Block #24)

Today has me thinking about vacation, which is coming up here soon in two weeks. We're going to Myrtle Beach! I am so excited. I love the ocean and water and seafood and yes call me crazy the smell of salt air. We're meeting up with a bunch of my family there.

So for today's block, Double Z, I appropriately chose a water themed blue/black print. I believe this fabric was leftover from a fish  themed quilt I did for my niece.  As I was putting this block together, I kept thinking this block looks so familiar like I've already done it for this project. It is very similar  in construction to Flyfoot (block number 6) but has a totally different look.  The Double Z  block is 12 inches square finished. And so here is the one I did:


Here's a example of a small Double Z quilt I found online. If you click on the picture you'll be able to go to the website I got it from.


Click here for the Double Z pattern instructions.

351 Views!

No comments:

Post a Comment