Friday, October 5, 2012

I wonder what Her Puzzle was? (Old Maid's Puzzle #38)

I wonder what her puzzle was. I can't help but wonder if she was feeling a little down or depressed because of her marital status, doomed to a life of singleness. Maybe her life had no meaning or purpose maybe she always wanted to be a wife and mother, but couldn't. Maybe it's something different all together. Perhaps it was circumstances that left her not know what to do-  a close friend's death or some financial crisis. Who know really?. As I was doing some research I could not find a lot of information on the history of the block or the name behind it.  It seems to be a older pattern. It's a good one  for beginners. Here is the one that I did. I carried on the pink/red theme in this one. As you can see my seams are slightly off. I just didn't have the energy to redo them to make them match up.
 Bright pinks this time!

For whatever reason I love fabrics with birds. I just love this fabric with these lovebirds on them.




Old Maid's Puzzle
I like the greens sashing in this antique quilt. There are a bunch of other example of old Maid's puzzle. Just click on the picture for the website link. 
Here is a lovely two tone quilt.
Another vintage looking quilt. I like these block set on point.  
The coloring on this quilt from the 1880s is quite wonderful. It  has American Indian/ southwest pattern look to it.
 Here's one more I promise it's the last one.  All these quilts are getting me inspired.

Also a friendly reminder to  read and abide by the terms and conditions of use on the pattern links. Thank y'all.

I'm up to 751 blog views! please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment